Yapı Merkezi will carry out the upper-structure construction of the Gemlik Facility, which is at the core of TOGG‘s ‘Journey to Innovation‘ goal and is defined as ‘More than a Factory’ with its smart and environment-friendly features.
TOGG, which stepped into the “New League” on December 27, 2019, with the introduction of demonstrator vehicles to Turkey and the world, and with the ‘Commencement Ceremony of Construction‘, in addition to the agreement with Farasis, for the production of battery module and packages in Turkey, now has taken another important step, and decided on the construction company for the upper-structure construction of TOGG Gemlik Facility.
Yapı Merkezi, which was evaluated by the Construction Committee established by the TOGG Board of Directors, among 16 other companies, was selected as the company to implement the TOGG Gemlik Facility with its technical and technological competencies, financial capacity and commercial approach as well as strong references in the field of industrial structures. It is planned that, the construction work of the upper-structure will be initiated by Yapı Merkezi as of January 2021, in TOGG Gemlik Facility where soil improvement works have reached the final stage.
After the upper-structure works planned to be completed in about a year, it is considered that the first serial cars will be released from the production line in the last quarter of 2022, with the establishment of production and assembly lines at TOGG Facility. TOGG Gemlik Facility, where recruitments will be initiated in 2022, will provide employment for total of 4,300 people, when its production capacity reaches 175,000 units per year
“THE PROCESS WAS TRANSPARENT FROM THE BEGINNING TO THE END“
TOGG Chairman M. Rifat Hisarcıklıoğlu expressed his feelings regarding the construction of TOGG Gemlik Facility by Yapı Merkezi: “TOGG continues to implement its plans, in order to realize Turkey’s 60-year-long dream. With the determination of our upper-structure construction company, we have completed another very important stage. In accordance with our policy of equal approach to each supplier, Yapı Merkezi won the tender, that was held electronically, through open tender method, by providing the highest level of transparency among 16 other valuable companies. I congratulate the Yapı Merkezi and wish both institutions good luck in the future. I wholeheartedly believe that they will accomplish a successful work in line with TOGG’s goals.“
A COMPANY WITH NATIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL EXPERIENCE
“As we originally planned, we continue to move forward in line with our goals. The TOGG Gemlik Facility will be one of the most important elements of the TOGG ecosystem. For this reason, we selected the company to carry out the construction, according to objective of our criteria of success, as in all our suppliers”, said TOGG CEO M. Gürcan Karakaş, who also stated that, with the upper-structure construction that will be initiated in January, an important an important milestone will be reached in the “Journey to Innovation”.
“The references of Yapı Merkezi, both domestic and international, are very successful projects. They also successfully completed many constructions of industrial facilitates of multiple global brands. During the selection process, the company has come to the forefront as a company that will meet our expectations, with its competencies in this field and the successful projects they have already carried out around the world.”
“WE ARE PROUD TO BE A PART OF SUCH AN IMPORTANT TASK FOR OUR COUNTRY“
Chairman of Yapı Merkezi İnşaat ve Sanayi A.Ş. Başar Arıoğlu stated in his speech at the ceremony that, they are proud to be a part of building the facility where Turkey’s cars will be produced: “This is a huge responsibility for us. There are hundreds of steps in the production process of an automobile. The first of these is to build the structures of the production facility. The buildings, we will build, will surround to protect the automobile construction process and will ensure that the production processes are not affected by weather conditions, and that production takes place without disruption even in natural events including earthquakes and storms”.
Özge Arıoğlu, General Manager of Yapı Merkezi İnşaat ve Sanayi A.Ş., said in her speech at the ceremony that, production processes and future machinery, buildings and infrastructures should be in the highest level of compatibility, in order to ensure the correct and efficient flow of business.
“In order for the construction to be completed on time, we will work very closely with the process and design teams, flexible but long-sighted, and we will not miss the targeted timeline“, Arıoğlu added.
Aslan Uzun, CEO of Yapı Merkezi Holding said, “We are very happy to take part in such a visionary project, which is the source of pride for Turkey. We will build a factory that suits Turkey’s car and TOGG team, dedicated to fulfilling this vision and the people of our country. We are aware that, there is a race against time in this project, where whole world will be watching. We will accomplish this important task, with a dedicated and trustworthy team. We have promised on this.“
TOGG GEMLİK FACILITY:
SMART AND ENVIRONMENT-FRIENDLY – UNDER THE SAME ROOF
- Increases productivity with Internet of Things (IoT), data collection and analysis
- Has a smart production network that generates value with real-time data
- Predicts and/or prevents faults in production lines with advanced cameras and sensors
- Increases ergonomics with collaborative robot applications and wearable technologies
ENVIRONMENT-FRIENDLY – CLEANEST FACILITY IN EUROPE;
- Emissions of less than 5 g/m2 of “volatile organic compounds”; equivalent to 1/9th of the legal limit in Turkey, and 1/7th of the legal limits in Europe.
- With its short cycle; 30% lower CO2 emissions and carbon footprint.
UNDER THE SAME ROOF;
- As an addition to the production; styling, research and development, prototype and testing, strategy and management centres will be combined together: An experience centre, where customers will visit, not only to receive their vehicles, but also to see TOGG technologies closely, and have a pleasant time with their families.
TOGG FACILITY IN FIGURES
- The upper-structure works of TOGG Gemlik Facility will be initiated by Yapı Merkezi in January 2021.
- The facility will be built on an area of 1.2 million square metres and it will have 230,000 square meters of indoor space, by the time it reaches the full capacity.
- In the last quarter of 2022, the first serial vehicles will be released from the production line.
- When the capacity of 175,000/year is reached, 4,300 people will be employed.
- At least 30% of the employees, at the TOGG Facility, will be female.
- Localization will be 51% at the start of production.
- In 2025, the localization rate will reach 68%.
- 1 million TOGG cars will be released from production facility by 2030.