Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles (VWCV) has delivered 170,000 vehicles worldwide from January until April. Compared to the same period last year, this corresponds to a plus of 5.4 per cent. The largest sales region was Western Europe with 119,500 vehicles (+7.6 per cent).
The delivery volume in Western Europe was highly influenced by the core markets:
• Germany: 44,900 vehicles (+4.1 per cent)
• UK: 16,600 vehicles (+1.7 per cent)
• Spain: 6,600 vehicles (+34.8 per cent)
• France: 6,300 vehicles (+2.9 per cent)
• Italy: 4,500 vehicles (+20.7 per cent)
In Eastern Europe 16,000 vehicles were delivered in the first four months of the year (+27.2 per cent).
North and South America
So far this year, the brand has delivered 2,700 vehicles (+17.1 per cent) to customers in Mexico (North American market) and 13,000 vehicles (-11.4 per cent) to customers in South America.
The delivery volume in Africa has almost doubled with 8,100 vehicles compared to the same period last year (+49.1 per cent).
Asia-Pacific and Middle East
The deliveries in the Asian-Pacific and Middle East regions decreased to 6,800 units (-11.9 per cent) and 3,900 units (-48.2 per cent).
Brand deliveries according to model ranges (January – April 2019):
• T series: 67,100 vehicles (+6.9 per cent)
• Caddy: 54,400 vehicles (-3.1 per cent)
• Amarok: 24,800 vehicles (-4.0 per cent)
• Crafter: 23,600 vehicles (+43.1 per cent)
In April, VWCV delivered 44.500 vehicles worldwide. This is a slight decrease of 4.3 percent compared to the same month last year. The reason for the difference of around 2,000 vehicles is disproportionately high deliveries in April 2018 after a temporary delivery stop of T6 vehicles with passenger car registration.